EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION OPENING
Vibrant, fast growing, environmental nonprofit (www.reuseworks.org) is seeking a creative entrepreneur as its full-time executive director. Chief responsibilities include grant procurement, writing and management, staff supervision (18 employees), financial management ($800,000 budget) and marketing. Five years’ minimum experience required. Salary range $50,000 – $ 56,000 DOE plus retirement and paid leave benefits. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Hours: 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week), exempt salaried
Staff Size: 18 employees; dozens of volunteers, interns, and trainees
Annual Budget: $800,000
Compensation: $50,000 — $56,000 annual salary plus retirement benefits and paid leave
ReUse Works is a nonprofit organization with a mission to create jobs from waste. It operates two training businesses, Appliance Depot (www.appliancedepotbham.com) and Ragfinery (www.ragfinery.com) at separate locations in Bellingham, WA. The executive director must be familiar with the nonprofit sector and also a business-savvy entrepreneur who can manage and grow these businesses.
As the organization’s leader, the executive director is responsible for implementing policies set by the board of directors, including management of the financial, programmatic, and administrative procedures of ReUse Works.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the financial management of the organization, including the development and implementation of the annual budget
- Responsible for liaison role/ communications with the general public, partner organizations, funders, government entities, and other community-based businesses and organizations.
- Responsible for providing information, advice, and counsel to the Board of Directors in developing the strategic direction of the corporation. Provides staffing for all board and committee meetings, development of agendas, and meeting materials.
- Provides leadership for staff. Responsible for hiring, firing, supervising, evaluating, and training of all employees.
- Responsible for administration of overall operations of the corporation, including: reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled; allocating resources for greater program effectiveness and efficiency; developing organizational and administrative policies and program objectives for board consideration.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant college degree(s)
- Five years of continuous professional growth
- Supervisory experience with three years in a management role
- Budget development and management
- Grant procurement, writing, management and reporting
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Innovative and flexible entrepreneur
Business or project start up experience
Retail management/customer service
Sales & marketing strategies
Production systems analysis
Work with a nonprofit board of directors
Initiate community & business partnerships
Oversight of human resources policies
Collaborative work style
Work with disadvantaged populations
Experience as a spokesperson/advocacy
Public presentation experience
Mainstream and social media experience
Visionary – creates a vision of the future, communicates it and commits to achieving it with the combined efforts of team members.
Strategic thinking – makes decisions with the future in mind, considering strategic tactics that support the goals.
Relationship building – understands that relationships are the core of business success and interacts with people in a way that cultivates trust and commitment.
Risk taking – takes calculated risks to achieve success, balancing analysis and action; learns from failures and moves on.
Problem solving/decision making – identifies problems, determines actions to resolve them using good judgment.
Drive/energy – has a high level of energy and is passionate about and motivated to be successful in this leadership role.
Active listening – gives full attention to speakers, giving verbal and nonverbal cues to demonstrate interest and understanding.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled